Monday, April 6, 2020

REVIEW: Fantastic Beasts and Where to find them (J.K.Rowling)

Hello dear readers!

After such a long time I have an opportunity to practice to English again! Becuase I have promised to myself that to each book read in English I would write a review in English too! But you surely found that out if you visit my blog regularly. But from now on I decided to really stick to this rule because I really need to use my English now that I am no longer a student so I don't forget it.

Again, if you are not so sure with your English, scroll down the page to the Czech version of the review. Here we go!

Today I have a real MUST HAVE here for all fantasy lovers. Because you can't call yourself a fantasy reader if you haven't read at least some of the Wizarding world books. But today it is not about Harry Potter, it is about the wizarding community in the United States. Of course, I am talking about Fantastic Beasts and where to find them (original screenplay) by amazing and talented J.K. Rowling.





This was such a fast read that I am still not sure how I managed to read it so quickly. It was such a relaxing weekend reading that I haven't got in a long time. I have this book at home for a very long time and I am not sure why I haven't read it sooner, I think I just waited for some magic mood.
 I have seen the movie for (let me think...) no, I can't even count how many times I have seen it. I know it by heart, scene from scene, every word. I was therefore a little worried that the screenplay would be boring for me and maybe that was one of the resond why I kept postponing it.
But the opposite is the truth! I have to say that I really enjoyed it, it was entertaining, thrilling, full of action and even with a little hint of love. All the scenes were so well- described that while reading I could perfectly picture the scenes from the movie in my head. Every word was exactly the same and that's what I liked about it.

Now I think I don't even have to mention the characters. All of them were amazing, I absolutely love Newt, he is so sweet and shy and he feels better among animals than real people. He really cares about all of his creatures and he knows what they need. I just love his personality. I am a huge fan of Queenie and Jacob who are so cute together.

The screenplay is interlaced with amazing illustrations so you can try to picture the creatures even if you haven't seen the movie. And the cover? Gorgeous!

This is just another amazing wizarding book from the pen of J.K.Rowling and just like the whole Harry Potter series, this word is thrilling, full of imagination and possibilities and what is essential- magic.

MY RATING 5/5 ★

No comments:

Post a Comment