Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Thinking about... literature


Hello everybody!

So here is the first promised article in English. I hope I won't do any serious grammatical mistake and if I will I hope you'll forgive me because I'm not a bachelor yet so I don't know everything obviously 😄😊. I am writing these articles because I want to improve myself and my ability of speaking in English. I want to tell you that last week I sort of raised my self- confidence so it's maybe the reason why I started to write this article. It happened when I wanted to help my almost brother-in-law. He had a problem with his international trade and he needed me to call to the Europe Central bank in Amsterdam to figure it out. I was a little bit scared of it- that I wouldn't understand them and that I wouldn't manage to communicate with the bankers so they could understand and help us. But I made it and now I am a little bit proud of myself (sorry if I sound a little big-headed 😂).
But this is not the main topic of this article. So what is it then?

I would like to talk about literature (surprisingly). Today I had an exam from an Introduction to literature and my teacher's first question was- what is literature? Not like definition that literature is a piece or segment of letters but more like spiritually. What does literature mean? I am thinking about it all day and I just can't shake it off my mind. Normally I hate exams like each student but this hour and half was really interesting. For me literature is very important, I am trying to read every day so I think that we bookworms should think about deeper meaning of literature. And why? Because if you are just a little bit like me, reading brings you satisfaction and pleasant and we should know why.
So the question is- what does literature mean for you? It's only a way how to relax and open your mind or does it have a deeper purpose for you? (Don't worry you don't have to write a comment in English if you don't want to 😄). My answer to this question is yes. For me literature means something more than entertainment or a kind of spending time. It is hard to explain but literature is also a mental and spiritual education- with each book we learn something new- we are getting new knowledge about the world or the history, we are extending our supply of words and poetic figures but we also gain some "mental treasure" which means something different to each of us.

What is left to say for the end of this article? Reading is my passion and not only because of the text itself. I love to think about the book I just read- about its mission, its teaching and its aesthetic quality. I just love all the aspects of literature and reading...
That was a little bit philosophical reasoning so now I would like to know your opinion- what part of a literature and reading do you love the most and what does literature means to you? Tell me in the comments 😊

    Výsledek obrázku pro love literature     Související obrázek

No comments:

Post a Comment